Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Truth


There is not one thought that flows through you that is true. There is not one belief you have about anyone, or anything that is true. The thought that you even exist is not true. You are but a figment of imagination. Take a thought, take any belief you have and ask, "Can I absolutely know that this is true?" You may think it's true, but the Truth is, it isn't. You have no control, you just believe you do. The harder you resist, the harder life is. Life happens - that's about it.


Truth is a movement. You can't capture it, contain it, give expression to it, or use it to advance your interests. The moment you capture it, it ceases to be the truth. What is the truth for me is something that cannot, under any circumstances, be communicated to you.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I will return yet again since I bookmarked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.
    My page :: Asics Gel-Kayano 17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your blog, I love having conversations! However, on this one I have to say I do not agree. There is absolute truth in the universe, all you have to do is look at mathematics: 2+2 Will always equal four, no matter what you say. And there are other universal truths as well, such as no human being should be a slave, or no one should be raped. I believe there are spiritual truths as well With a God in the universe that loves us and wants us to know him:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen:
    Thank you for your comment. I think a re-read might be in order. I said there is not one thought that flows through one's consciousness that is true. No beliefs are true. Try inquiry just for fun. Pick a thought - let's take, "no human being should be a slave". ("Shoulds" are concepts that really need to be questioned on all counts!) Can you absolutely know that this is true? Have human beings ever been slaves? Are human beings slaves now? To their jobs, their thoughts, their credit cards?? How do I know that the thought "no human being should be a slave," is NOT true? Because human beings have been, and are slaves to something. If I believed that statement was true (that no human being should be a slave,) I would be arguing with reality, and I would lose 100% of the time. Can you absolutely know that 2+2 is always 4? Quantum physics can prove otherwise.
    Believe whatever feels good to you in the moment, but always question the beliefs, then you will avoid being a slave to a lie.

    ReplyDelete