Thursday, January 23, 2014

Decisions


I like to pause before making any decisions, especially ones pertaining to my child, and ask myself, "Is this decision coming out of Love, or out of some fear I am harboring?"


Usually, if I am quick to say "No!" I find I really need to pause for a moment and look to see why I am resisting. I can feel in my body whether or not the decision I am about to make is coming from fear or from wisdom. My body tightens up immediately when fear is involved. When wisdom is offering an answer, I am calm, relaxed, and I don't feel the need to come up with a reason, or an excuse, or any defense for my answer. When it smells as if I'm afraid of something, love is not involved , no matter how many reasons, I can come up with as to why the fear is legitimate. For me, the decision that comes from Love is always the right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment